Monday, February 22, 2016

The Lord confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them.

Psalm 25

The Lord confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them. v14

As I read this verse, I am reminded of end times, as Zach and I are currently attending this year's BSF study of Revelation.  A study of Revelation brings many emotions - confidence that God and His people will reign forever and ever in Heaven and sin and death will be defeated for the last time; yet at the same time it is hard to think about end times without thinking about how terrifying it will be for those who do not repent and accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior, and how uneasy it makes me feel that I should be doing more to reach the lost in my sphere of influence.  

The violence and terrifying end of the earth surely is one reason why I fear the Lord, but there are others.  For one, I know I am deserving of death (Romans 6:23) but God is full of mercy and compassion for me.  God is all powerful and capable of all things, including my destruction.  If I am not dead, God wants me to do something on earth that glorifies Him....I better get going.

My Prayer: Lord, You are truly an awesome God, deserving of our fear, respect, full attention, worship, etc.  You bless me abundantly...every day!  Thank You Jesus.  Yet I continue to worry - and I know I should not and You tell me not to.  Please forgive me and help me turn from such and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo and radiation.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.