Wednesday, February 10, 2016

May [the Lord] give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.

Psalm 20

May [the Lord] give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. v4

Two things of note for me in this verse - that we should pray that God give us the desires of our heart AND that from that a prayer that, assuming we have God's desires in our heart, all our plans succeed.  The latter prayer should not and cannot work without the former prayer.

It starts with us knowing we need God that we are nothing without God.

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:3

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5

See also posts here and here

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God full of love, patience, grace, compassion, etc. for me even though I sin and I fail to be Jesus to others.  Thank You Jesus for Your love but please forgive me.  Help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You Jesus.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo and radiation.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin, and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.