Wednesday, February 17, 2016

You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

Psalm 23

You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. v5

Indeed, I am blessed beyond what I deserve.  Family, friends, provision, health, etc. Most importantly, I have a God that loves me more than anyone on earth ever can...and my God died for me so that I would not be slave to my sin but instead would have eternal life.  God has been so full of grace, compassion, patience, mercy, etc. for me...again...even though I am not deserving of such blessings.  The Lord provides. 

Understand, then, that it is not because of your righteousness that the LORD your God is giving you this good land to possess, for you are a stiff-necked people. Deuteronomy 9:6

See also here.

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it [abundantly (ESV)] to the full. John 10:10

 For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich. 2 Corinthians 8:9
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, without a doubt You are God that blesses His children abundantly...even when we think we are not being blessed we are...the blessings overflow as David writes.  Thank You Jesus!  Yet I am not worth such blessings...I am too easily distracted by the world and I too often "conform to the patterns of this world".  Forgive me Jesus and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength. Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer and the side effects from chemo and radiation.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.