Wednesday, February 3, 2016

As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless....

Psalm 18

As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless....v30

In this Psalm, God is accurately described as strong, constant, protection, deliverer, powerful.  Of course all of these are true and more.  Yet for me this morning, what strikes me is verse 30 which describes God as perfect and of course He is...in His designs, thoughts, works, actions, justice, etc.

Often times, particularly in the moment, we can't understand God's thoughts or His ways but we CAN understand that whatever He is doing it is perfect, for our good and His glory.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. Isaiah 55:8

My Prayer: Lord, You are an awesome God and You are perfect in all ways.  You have blessed me well beyond what I deserve.  I fail to dispense grace and love as You have poured out on me.  Thank You for the many blessings You provide but please forgive me Jesus!  Help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo and radiation.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin, and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.