Thursday, May 19, 2016

But my people would not listen to me; Israel would not submit to me. So I gave them over to their stubborn hearts to follow their own devices.

Psalm 81

But my people would not listen to me; Israel would not submit to me. So I gave them over to their stubborn hearts to follow their own devices. v11-12

God either creates circumstances in our lives or he allows events to unfold that are a result of our own sin.  Either way, they are designed to rebuke, discipline or train us.  We need to be aware of how God is working in our lives to mold us into more of His image. See post here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God always coaching me to be more like You.  I desire to be more like You.  I know I was made in Your image and to glorify You.  I also know that I often fall down and disappoint You.  I am easily distracted by worldly matters, I worry and I am often harsh with others.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Keep her safe.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.