Friday, May 6, 2016

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Psalm 73

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. v26

Indeed!  God is our all in all.

Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.  Whom have I in heaven but you?  And earth has nothing I desire besides you. v23-25

We know that apart from God we can do no good thing (Psalm 16).  This morning God appears to me as someone who cares deeply for me.  He holds me by my right hand.  He guides me and takes me to special places...what a God we have!  God is my all in all.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, indeed You are my all in all and I know that I can do no good thing apart from You.  I need You in my life and I love it when You lead me into special places.  You have led me into time with You this morning and someday You will take me home and that will be a glorious day.  Until then I must live in my earthly broken body and I need You desperately to stay near me so I can feel Your strength.  Thank You for all that You are and all that You have done.  I am not worth the love of such a God....I am broken and I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Give me strength. Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message today and every day.