Monday, May 16, 2016

We will not hide them from their descendants; we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, his power, and the wonders he has done.

Psalm 78

We will not hide them from their descendants; we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lordhis power, and the wonders he has done. v4

As a father, one of my key roles is to be the spiritual leader of the household and I am to teach my children the ways of the Lord.  My hope and prayer is that Zach and Dustin "put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands".
 
He decreed statutes for Jacob and established the law in Israel, which he commanded our ancestors to teach their children, so the next generation would know them, even the children yet to be born, and they in turn would tell their children. Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.  They would not be like their ancestors—a stubborn and rebellious generation, whose hearts were not loyal to God, whose spirits were not faithful to him. v5-8.

Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates, so that your days and the days of your children may be many in the land the Lord swore to give your ancestors, as many as the days that the heavens are above the earth. Deuteronomy 11:18-21

Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6

There is more I can do.

My Prayer:  Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God and You have blessed me with Your presence and guidance.  I am lost apart from You and I can do no good thing.  Thank You Jesus for never leaving me.  I need You desperately in my life because I continue to separate myself from You.  I sin.  I worry...I am lazy, selfish, prideful, arrogant, etc.  Please forgive me Jesus!  Help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin....and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.