Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Yet he was merciful; he forgave their iniquities and did not destroy them. Time after time he restrained his anger and did not stir up his full wrath. He remembered that they were but flesh, a passing breeze that does not return.

Psalm 78

Yet he was merciful; he forgave their iniquities and did not destroy them. Time after time he restrained his anger and did not stir up his full wrath. He remembered that they were but flesh, a passing breeze that does not return. v38-39

This Psalm is as much a story of all of God's children and God's grace as I have ever read.  All sin and fall short of the glory God (Romans 3:23), yet God will never leave or forsake us (Deuteronomy 31:6).

And God provided His one and only son so we have forgiveness from sin, freedom from condemnation (John 3:16-18) and eternity in Heaven with Him.  God is full of grace, mercy and patience for all of His children. His love abounds.

Return to the Lord your God,  for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity. Joel 2:13

My Prayer: Lord, You ARE great!  Quick to love and slow to anger...and You never leave or forsake us.  Thank You Jesus.  You are who we need and we know that You sent Your son for us.  Thank You God for sending Your Son Jesus...the one true God...we are not worthy of such a gift - the greatest gift of all time!  I continue to fall short of Your glory - I have impatience, anger, harshness in my words, etc.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.