Thursday, May 5, 2016

When I tried to understand all this, it troubled me deeply till I entered the sanctuary of God; then I understood their final destiny.

Psalm 73

When I tried to understand all this, it troubled me deeply till I entered the sanctuary of God; then I understood their final destiny. v16-17

Asaph, author of this Psalm, sees wickedness in the world around them and he wonders why God allows such wickedness to persist.  This is a thought we often have and we must understand that God sees everything (see post here) and He is and will be the perfect judge.  We should take comfort that all will be judged "according to what they have done".  In our daily life, we must also recognize that God's thoughts are not our thoughts, and His ways are not our ways:

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. Isaiah 55:8

We should concern ourselves with how others should be dealt with - we should know that God knows all and all will be judged.  This frees us to focus on our relationship with God - of primary importance in our lives.

My Prayer: You alone and Your glory is worthy of my attention and focus.  I know I exist to glorify You.  You are worthy of my efforts and I am prayerful that I can be Your servant.  Thank You Jesus for Your love and for choosing me to be Your child.  I am not worth such love as my sin continues and I am broken.  I get angry too quickly and I worry about my children - folly!  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.