Friday, May 27, 2016

But you, Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.

Psalm 86

But you, Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness. v15

This morning I feel particularly poor and in need (as David does in v1).  I am harsh with my words and actions with my family and I need Christ's cleansing for such sin and also for my sin of worry...that my kids will not turn out OK...but then I become overbearing..exasperating them (Ephesians 6).  Help me Jesus!  Help me become more like You...remove my impurities and mold me more in Your image.

I am desperate for a God that is compassionate, gracious, slow to anger and abounding in love and faithfulness.  

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God...all of the time...yet I often fail to trust in You and as a result trust in my own abilities instead.  Please forgive me and help me turn from such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love and trust You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith. Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.