Saturday, May 28, 2016

Remember how fleeting is my life. For what futility you have created all humanity!

Psalm 89

Remember how fleeting is my life. For what futility you have created all humanity! v47

Life is indeed fleeting...and every day is a gift from God.  We must recognize that we are entirely dependent on God alone (Matthew 5:3, Psalm 16) and serve as a living sacrifice (Romans 12:1) - keeping in mind that our life here is temporary and that our citizenship is in Heaven (for eternity) (Philippians 3).  

Lord, help me serve You during my time on earth and focus on running the race to Heaven towards completion - focusing on the eternal crown of life in Heaven with You.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God - all powerful, all knowing, and everywhere...perfect in all attributes.  I am not worthy of such a God...such a God that knows everything about me including my sin.  I lack patience and I am harsh with my thoughts and actions...especially with regard to my family...how sinful!  Thank You for Your grace and mercy but please forgive me Jesus for my lack of grace towards others.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.