Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Restore us, Lord God Almighty; make your face shine on us, that we may be saved.

Psalm 80

Restore us, Lord God Almighty; make your face shine on us, that we may be saved. v19

God wants us a relationship with us - a genuine relationship where we share exactly where we are...the highs, the lows, the joys, and the struggles.  This is what a relationship is - it is a commitment.  The Psalms are exactly that - the highs and lows of the authors - from David, Asaph, Solomon, Moses, and others.  This Psalm by Asaph acknowledges sin, yet it also reveals a love of the Lord that is recognized as someone all powerful, and full of love and compassion for His children. God has and continues to rescue us from our sins and our difficulties - but we must also recognize that God has us exactly where He wants for a reason (Romans 8:28).  This said, we must be thankful for where we are and see the goodness of God in all circumstances (1 Thessalonians 5:18).

My Prayer: Lord, You are an awesome God - all powerful, all knowing and present in all things at all times...and You love me...as broken as I am. Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love.  I worry and I am easily distracted by the matters of this world.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith. Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.