Friday, May 20, 2016

“If my people would only listen to me, if Israel would only follow my ways...."

Psalm 81

“If my people would only listen to me, if Israel would only follow my ways...." v13

God makes many promises...and this verse in full contains a powerful promise:

...how quickly I would subdue their enemies and turn my hand against their foes!  Those who hate the Lord would cringe before him, and their punishment would last forever.  But you would be fed with the finest of wheat; with honey from the rock I would satisfy you.” v14-16

A powerful promise indeed!  One of my favorite promises is from the Sermon on the Mount.  

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6

Good things await those who love the Lord with all their heart, soul, and mind (and strength - Mark 12, Luke 10). 

My Prayer: Lord, You indeed are a great God and Your promises are many and encouraging for all believers, myself included!  No word from God will ever fail (Luke 1:37) so I can take these promises to the bank!  Thank You Jesus for such encouragement!  I am not worth such love and blessing because my anger continues to rage - please forgive me!  Help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength. Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith. Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.