Thursday, May 26, 2016

Teach me your way, Lord, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.

Psalm 86

Teach me your way, Lord, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. v11

I now I am easily distracted by things of this world, and I too desire an undivided heart. 

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2

As we "throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles" us, we are called run the race marked out for us.  And we need to fix our eyes on Jesus.  Everyone's race is unique in terms of of developing and using our spiritual gifts (1 Corinthians 12).  I am reminded of John Ortberg's book If You Want to Walk On Water You Have to Get Out of the Boat.  We have to get out of our comfort zone and focus on Jesus...He is the only one who can can do this for us.  

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an incredible God, able to accomplish all things, creator of all things and in control of all things.  You hold my life in Your hands and You are full of gentleness, patience, kindness, mercy, etc.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worthy of such treatment.  I am not willing to get out of my comfort zone...please forgive me Jesus and help me have an undivided heart and to fix my eyes on You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects of chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, apply, and be obedient to Your message for me today and every day.