Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.

Psalm 84

Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. v10

How sweet a message of praise and adoration is this psalm!  Yes the Lord blesses abundantly - food, loved ones, friends, protection, etc.  Yet none of this compares to time spent with You Jesus!  Nothing compares!  

Praise of course is a key topic in the Bible as we have been created to worship and be living sacrifices for our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 12).

One of favorite scripture passages on the subject of worship is here from 2 Samuel 6 where David unabashedly rejoices for what God has done.  His wife Michal is embarrassed and not pleased with David but that does not stop David as he lets us all hang out!

We should praise God without abandon!

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God worthy of our praise and worship at all times and every day.  I know for myself that You have blessed me well beyond what I deserve and I have seen Your mighty hand many times over in my life - Praise Jesus Christ the King of Kings!  I am not worthy of such a God as I continue to worry and be selfish, etc.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do. Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.