Tuesday, May 10, 2016

It is God who judges: He brings one down, he exalts another.

Psalm 75

It is God who judges: He brings one down, he exalts another. v7

As humans it is not impossible to form judgements, about people, circumstances...we are constantly making judgements.  However, we should not condemn others regarding their sin.  That is between that person and God alone.  

In the church, however, we are to support and encourage one another by speaking truth into a brother or sister's life.

If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. Matthew 18:15

We are designed to live together (Proverbs 27:17) and to confess our sins to one another.

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. James 5:16

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You alone are judge...and You are just.  You are also full of mercy and grace, holding back punishment when we deserve it, forgiving us, and blessing us also when we don't deserve it. You are an awesome God!  Thank You Jesus as I am not worth such mercy, grace, and blessing.  I am broken...full of arrogance, pride, selfishness, etc.  Please forgive me and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.