Saturday, March 2, 2019

Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division.

Luke 12

Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. v51

It may seem contradictory that Jesus - the Prince of Peace - came to bring division.  Yet as we look closer we find that Jesus is referring to the absolute nature of God.  There is nothing less clear about God - that we all need a savior and Jesus is that Savior.  Once a believer gets to this point, he/she answers the call to Be Holy and to be "set apart" from the world.  This will create discord in many earthly relationships but we must remember the primacy of Jesus.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an awesome God You are that You came to die on the cross to save me from the sting of sin and death - the greatest gift of all time - thank You Jesus!  I am undeserving of such love.  I daily miss the mark.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.