Tuesday, March 12, 2019

It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the least stroke of a pen to drop out of the Law.

Luke 16

It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the least stroke of a pen to drop out of the Law. v17

This morning, commentary from MacArthur helps shed light on how Jesus is illustrating the importance of both the Old and New Testament teachings.  MacArthur writes: "[Jesus] neither gives or a new law nor modifies the old but rather explains the true significance of the moral content of Moses' Law and the rest of the OT".  MacArthur points to Matthew 5:17-19 and Colossians 2:16-17, and further writes that Jesus fulfills the law in all its aspects, including the moral, ceremonial, and judicial law.  "All [of] the ceremonial requirements of the Mosaic Law are fulfilled in Christ and are no longer to be observed by Christians.  Yet not one jot or tittle is thereby erased; the underlying truths of those scriptures remain"[.]

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

My Prayer: Heavenly Father - what an awesome God You are that You provide Your Word, Your Son, the church, my brothers and sisters in Christ, etc. - all for me.  And You died for me - a gruesome death - that I may have life...and to the full.  Thank You Jesus for setting me free from the sting of sin and death.  I am undeserving of such blessings.  I daily miss the mark.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.