Friday, March 15, 2019

Jesus asked, “Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? Has no one returned to give praise to God except this foreigner?” Then he said to him, “Rise and go; your faith has made you well.”

Luke 17

Jesus asked, “Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? Has no one returned to give praise to God except this foreigner?” Then he said to him, “Rise and go; your faith has made you well.” v17-19

Once again, I lean on John Piper to gain a deeper understanding of this passage in Luke where Jesus heals 10 lepers. Jesus rightly asks the question about how the other 9 lepers completely miss the point of Jesus.  The point of course being that it's not about what God has done for us or gives us but instead that Jesus is God and our focus should be on WHO Jesus is not what He has done for us.

Piper uses Romans 8:32 to further illustrate

He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things.  Romans 8:32

There is also James 1:17:

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.  James 1:17

See also posts on [apart from God] "no good thing".

We must take the time to get to know the greatness of God!

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God and You have given me many great blessings most importantly You gave me Your One and Only Son Jesus that He would live in my heart and life as my personal Lord and Savior!  Thank You Jesus.  I am undeserving of such a gift.  I daily miss the mark.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.