Monday, March 4, 2019

Then Jesus asked, “What is the kingdom of God like? What shall I compare it to? It is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his garden. It grew and became a tree, and the birds perched in its branches.” Again he asked, “What shall I compare the kingdom of God to? It is like yeast that a woman took and mixed into about sixty pounds of flour until it worked all through the dough.”

Luke 13

Then Jesus asked, “What is the kingdom of God like? What shall I compare it to? It is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his garden. It grew and became a tree, and the birds perched in its branches.”
 
Again he asked, “What shall I compare the kingdom of God to? It is like yeast that a woman took and mixed into about sixty pounds of flour until it worked all through the dough.” v18-21


This commentary offers great insight into how we should be encouraged by how often faith - even in small steps - results in God-sized impacts.

"Small beginnings; profound, extensive results."

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, thank You this morning for this encouraging reminder of how small beginnings in faith produce profound, extensive results.  I often feel discouraged that I am not doing enough - perhaps I am not (please forgive me when I don't!) - so thank You for encouraging me regarding the small but significant steps I do take.  Thank You for Your love.  I am undeserving for Your love - I daily miss the mark.  Help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior. Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.