Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Yet they could not find any way to do it, because all the people hung on his words.

Luke 19

Yet they could not find any way to do it, because all the people hung on his words. v48

In v45-48 (see also Matthew 21 and Mark 11) Jesus enters the temple courts in Jerusalem and is angered by those selling merchandise - and He quotes Isaiah 56:7 and Jeremiah 7:11, admonishing those who have led Israel astray.

Although the Jewish leaders did not see it at the time (see post yesterday), Jesus is the Promised Messiah (as prophecized by Isaiah, Jeremiah and others). For those who see Jesus as Lord and Savior, we must "hang" on Jesus' words in the same way that those who initially followed Him.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6

See also post here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, I love You and I desire to hang on Your Words - all of them and every day...and ideally all of the time.  Your Words feed me and sustain me, save me, encourage me, etc.  Thank You Jesus!  I am undeserving of Your Words and Your Salvation.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.