Saturday, March 23, 2019

Those who led the way rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!”

Luke 18

Those who led the way rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!” v39

We must be like the blind beggar for whom Jesus restores his sight.  The beggar is unabashed about his faith that Jesus can restore his sight and likely that Jesus can do anything.  We must have such bold faith - unafraid of what others think and bold in our believe that Jesus can do anything for those that have faith.  We must be prepared to accept Jesus' response - there is no guarantee that Jesus will respond in the way(s) that we hope but we must remain unabashed and bold.

 As for us, we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard. Acts 4:20

My Prayer:  Lord Jesus, You are an incredible God who is able to do anything and has already created the Heavens and the Universe and died for my sin so that I could have freedom from the sting of sin and death.  Thank You Jesus!  I am undeserving of such love and blessings.  I daily miss the mark.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin. Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.