Wednesday, March 6, 2019

For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

Luke 14

For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted. v11

Humility is critical for believers - the two most important commandments (see Matthew 22:34-40) focus on love of God first then love of others.  God wants us to love others, to snatch others from the fire, and to ensure that as many of His children are saved as possible.  Jesus words on this subject are further clarified in v12-14 where He explains how we should be focusing on glorifying God and eternal rewards vs gain in this life.

Lord Jesus please help me be humble.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who I know has saved a place for me in Heaven - thank You Jesus!  I am undeserving of such a gift but nonetheless grateful!  I daily miss the mark and often neglect my relationship with You by focusing on my own comfort.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message fro me today and every day.