Monday, March 18, 2019

For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

Luke 18

For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted. v14

I need reminders often about arrogance and how dangerous it is.  I am afflicted with this sin and although God has refined me in this area more work is to be done.  Arrogance causes people to stumble in their faith or block it entirely.  It also harms others who are hurt by the words and actions of those dominate with their arrogant attitudes.  

Jesus - please help me remain humble.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God that has helped me see the foolishness of my arrogance - thank You Jesus!  I am undeserving of a God who loves me so much that You would die for my sins and love and save me despite my sin! I daily miss the mark and need You badly!  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith. Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo. Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.