Tuesday, May 12, 2020

The people rejoiced at the willing response of their leaders, for they had given freely and wholeheartedly to the Lord.....Yours, Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours....Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things....Everything comes from you, and we have given you only what comes from your hand.

1 Chronicles 26:12-29:22

The people rejoiced at the willing response of their leaders, for they had given freely and wholeheartedly to the Lord.....Yours, Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours....Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things....Everything comes from you, and we have given you only what comes from your hand. 1 Chronicles 29:9,11,12, and 14 

Day 106 of my chronological study of the Bible with The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) (available by purchase through Amazon - author F. LaGard Smith) focuses on additional division of responsibilities (gatekeepers, guards, treasurers, officials/tribe officers, judges, military commanders, overseers of possessions/herds/flocks, and the naming of David's closest advisors), David's address to Israel proclaiming Solomon as king and admonition to Solomon to be faithful in obeying/serving the Lord and building the temple, David's delivery of the temple plans, and finally a call to contribute funding to the effort to build the temple.

The people's response (1 Chronicles 29:6-9) was both willing and generous, and praised by David.

We must remember where wealth comes from and that it belongs to the Lord - whatever we may possess is first and foremost to be used to further the work of the Kingdom.  We must hold what we have loosely and give generously.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and provides for all my needs - physical, spiritual, etc. - thank You Jesus!  You have never failed to provide - even in the darkest hours.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving for how You provide.  I love You Jesus!  Please forgive me for my sin - gossip, etc. Help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You wiht all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.