Friday, May 1, 2020

As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.


As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him. Psalm 18:30

Day 95 of my chronological study of the Bible with The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) (available by purchase through Amazon - author F. LaGard Smith) focuses on David's capture of Jerusalem, Hiram (king of Tyre)'s efforts to build David a palace, David's efforts to bring the ark of the Lord back to Jerusalem, David's defeat of the Philistines in battle (who sought to attack him after hearing of the news that he ascended to king over all of Israel), and Psalm 18 - which focuses on David's praise of God.

David, being a man after God's own heart - is often seen praising God.  David, using the words of John Piper, praises and worships God as a result of his "right mental grasp of the way God really is".

We often refer to fruits of the spirit (Galatians 5:22) as evidence that God is working in our lives, yet here we have another critical demonstration of our spiritual maturity - the extent to which we have true "inner worship" once again using the words of John Piper. Piper, using Romans 12:1, goes on to say that ..."all of our bodily life done in love for others and in reliance upon God display the worth of God above all things and make us worshipers in our daily life".

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who is worthy of my praise and worship, in words and my actions in my daily life.  I know You love me and I daily feel the blessings of a relationship with You.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of the blessings You pour out for me.  I sin...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses for Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.