Monday, May 11, 2020

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

1 Chronicles 23-26:11 

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. 1 Corinthians 12:27

Day 105 of my chronological study of the Bible with The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) (available by purchase through Amazon - author F. LaGard Smith) focuses on David's passing of the kingship to Solomon, and David's initial efforts to organize the Israelites - starting with the Levites - for duties in the temple of the Lord yet to be built.

I am reminded of Paul's words in 1 Corinthians 12 regarding how all believers have a role to play in the church.  Urging us to be mindful of how the end is near, Peter echoes Paul's words:

Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. 1 Peter 4:10

My Prayer: Heavenly Father - Jesus - You are an awesome God who has blessed me and given me gifts and I am prayerful that I have been and am a good steward of these gifts.  I've been blessed by others through the exercise of their gifts.  Thank You Jesus for the church and the role it's played to build up and strengthen my faith.  I am not deserving of how You bless me.  I sin...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.