Wednesday, March 3, 2021

[H]e made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

John 11

[H]e made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. Philippians 2:7

I continue with my study of - Ten Men of the Bible: How God Used Imperfect People to Change the World - eBook by Max Lucado (for purchase). This morning, I continue with the story of "Lazarus: The Final Witness*".

*Title of lesson eight from the Max Lucado study.

The commentary* of day four starts with Max Lucado discussing what I raised yesterday with my post - that Jesus wept over Lazarus even though He knew he would be raised.  He wept because He cared for Martha and Mary...and He cares for us.  He is able to empathize with us. 

We are able to have a personal relationship with God of the Universe - the Lord of Lords.  And we know that He cares about and for us. He understands pain, loss, etc. I also posted a couple of days ago how Jesus wants to help carry our burdens.  I think it is worthwhile for us to ponder on how we have can have this personal relationship with God, knowing that He understands us - not only does He know everything about us, but He was like us and experienced what we do - incredible!

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Hebrews 4:15-16

Comment and discuss this post here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God - You know everything about me, and You know everything about what is it like to live as I do as You came to earth in human form. You then lived a perfect life but willingly surrendered Your life so that I could have forgiveness of sins and eternal life - now to the full and eternally in Heaven once we are called Home. These are all amazing gifts of which I am not deserving of any as my sin continues particularly harshness with others.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind, and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.