Monday, March 1, 2021

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

John 11

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30

I continue with my study of - Ten Men of the Bible: How God Used Imperfect People to Change the World - eBook by Max Lucado (for purchase). This morning, I continue with the story of "Lazarus: The Final Witness*".

*Title of lesson eight from the Max Lucado study.

The commentary* of day two starts with Max Lucado discussing how an unnamed, yet trusted messenger delivered the message to Jesus that Lazarus was sick (John 11:3) and Lucado points us out that when the messenger reached Jesus, "he did not base his appeal on the imperfect love of the one in need but on the perfect love of the Savior...[and that the] power of prayer, in other words does not depend on the one who makes the prayer but on the One who hears the prayer". Jesus responds that “[t]his sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God’s glory so that God’s Son may be glorified through it.”

Lucado wants us to understand the power of prayer and how God hears and responds to all prayers, even those made by otherwise "insignificant" voices - implying that we are not insignificant in God's eyes.  Lucado also wants us to bring all our cares - big and small - to Him as He wants us to lean on Him for all things.  Lucado leaves us with a few scripture verses on prayer:

Comment and discuss this post here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me, who hears my cries, and responds!  Thank You Jesus!  I am grateful that You tell me to bring my cares and concerns to You.  I am not deserving of how You do this for me and so much more.  I worry and I am harsh with my words and actions.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help em grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.