Friday, March 12, 2021

I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow. So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow.

Acts 16-17 and 1 Thessalonica 1-2

 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow. So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. 1 Corinthians 3:6-7

I continue with my study of - Ten Men of the Bible: How God Used Imperfect People to Change the World - eBook by Max Lucado (for purchase). This morning, I continue with the story of "Paul: Never Too Far Gone for a Turnaround*".

*Title of lesson ten from the Max Lucado study.

Max Lucado's commentary* for day three focuses on Paul's first missionary journey, and the various converts made during this journey, including Lydia, Paul and Silas' jailer, and the Bereans. Lucado reminds us of how God and the Holy Spirit work - that we are not converting anyone but either planting or watering a seed but God is the one responsible for growing and harvesting the seed.  Lucado also wants us to keep in mind that we are never fully aware of the impact others have had on our lives and the impact we have had in others' lives yet we may come to more fully understand this impact when we reach Heaven. We are encouraged to plant and water seeds. 

Whatever our role in the Great Commission and in spreading the gospel, we all have a role and it is to be a light

Comment and discuss this post here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God and I am deeply grateful for the many brothers and sisters in Christ You placed in my life to plant and water seeds in my life for my faith.  Thank You Jesus!  I do hope that I can be that same blessings for others.  Yet I am undeserving of the many blessings You pour out for me - I worry and I am often harsh with others.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me. Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.