Friday, March 19, 2021

The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else.

Chapter 4: Pages 56-66

 The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. Acts 17:24-25

This morning, I continued John Piper's book Providence (purchased from Amazon Kindle Store) and started Part 2 "The Ultimate Goal of Providence", starting with Section 1 "The Ultimate Goal of Providence before Creation and in Creation" - moving to chapter four "The Act of Creation".  Piper describes how God created all things for God - that creation itself and all created things and beings exist for Him and for His glory. Piper points to several scripture passages to illustrate his point:

Even nature exists for His glory as Piper states that "[i]n order for God's purpose in creation to be attained, there must be a world filled with the 'knowledge of the glory of the Lord'.  Trees may clap their hands for God (Isaiah 55:12), but they do not know what they are doing.  Such conscious, joyful knowing and loving and praising is the destiny of man, not nature."

Comment and discuss this post here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, Your creation is worthy of glory and my praise - thank You for loving me so much that You gave me and all Your children such a wonderful creation.  I am undeserving of how You love me.  I worry and struggle with gossip, worry, and other sins.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.