Saturday, March 6, 2021

Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!” Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?” And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”

Matthew 14

Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!” Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?” And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.” Matthew 14:29-33

I continue with my study of - Ten Men of the Bible: How God Used Imperfect People to Change the World - eBook by Max Lucado (for purchase). This afternoon, I continue with the story of "Peter: Gospel of the Second Chance*".

*Title of lesson nine from the Max Lucado study.

Max Lucado's commentary* for day two of Peter's story focuses on several themes, but key for me today is how Peter is called out of his comfort zone to walk on the Sea of Galilee, how Peter follows this call, and how Peter personally feels and experiences Jesus' power as the Son of God. God wants all of us grow in our trust in Him and to grow and mature in our faith - this requires us to go beyond our comfort zone. 

On this topic, check out this great video from John Piper on how spiritual growth for believers is not an option.

Comment and discuss this post here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and who has helped me grow and stretch in my faith - I am grateful!  Thank You Jesus for never leaving or forsaking me and for always providing me the words and strength needed to go beyond my comfort zone and to seek You guidance and assistance in this process.  I am not deserving of how You help me - my sin continues - selfishness, worry, and other sins.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me. Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.