Friday, March 18, 2022

And I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all that is in them, saying, “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!” And the four living creatures said, “Amen!” and the elders fell down and worshiped.

Revelation 4-8:1

And I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all that is in them, saying, “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!” And the four living creatures said, “Amen!” and the elders fell down and worshiped. Revelation 5:13-14

I resumed my D-Group's study of Revelation using Stephen Witmer's commentary and study guide.  My focus this morning is Revelation 4-8:1 where we see a vision of God in Heaven on the throne and Jesus opening the scroll and seven seals representing God's plan for the end times. The memory verse for this week highlights that Jesus is worthy to open the scroll described in 5:1-14.  Jesus is of course the Alpha and the Omega (Revelation 1:8) and described in Colossians 1 as  

"the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent." Colossians 1:15-18

It is certainly important for John to see Jesus as sitting on the throne with God (as the slain lamb) and to hear one of the elders tell him not to weep because Jesus is worthy and able to open the scroll.  This is great news for many reasons because believers need to understand what is about to happen - how Jesus beats sin and death for the final time during the end times. 

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God - worthy and able to open the scroll to reveal to us the end times so we can see how You finally defeat sin and death - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such a God and such a blessing - that You would save me!  Thank You!  I am not deserving.  My sin continues.  Worry, anger, etc.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.