Sunday, March 6, 2022

The eternal God is your dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms.

Deuteronomy 33

The eternal God is your dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms. Deuteronomy 33:27

This morning, I focus on John Piper's Solid Joys devotional, where Piper seeks for us to see how when we struggle, we should consider how God is using our struggle for service to Him. God has us in His everlasting arms and wants to use everything about our experience for His glory and good (see Romans 8:28)- and it is certainly good to help others. Piper writes: "[t]he psalmist said in Psalm 119:71, “It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I might learn your statutes.” He does not say it was easy or fun or pleasant. In retrospect, he simply says, “It was good for me.”' 

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are at all times good and Your design for my experience in this life is good, even when the times are a struggle, I see Your goodness.  Thank You Jesus for Your goodness.  I am not deserving of Your everlasting love and arms.  My sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior. Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.