Sunday, March 20, 2022

Then the kings of the earth and the great ones and the generals and the rich and the powerful, and everyone, slave and free, hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains, calling to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who is seated on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb, for the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?”

Revelation 4-8:1

Then the kings of the earth and the great ones and the generals and the rich and the powerful, and everyone, slave and free, hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains, calling to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who is seated on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb, for the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?” Revelation 6:15-17

I resumed my D-Group's study of Revelation using Stephen Witmer's commentary and study guide.  My focus tonight is on the Lamb (Jesus) opening the scroll and seven seals (Revelation 6:1-8:1) first described in chapter 5:1.  The fifth seal reveals an earthquake, the sun becoming black, the moon becoming blood, the stars falling from the sky, and the islands and mountains disappearing - all part of the fate that awaits the rich and powerful, who hide and ask themselves "who can stand" against the power and wrath that has brought such scary physical manifestations of God's sovereignty. The answer is of course nobody can!  God reigns over all! During this period of the end times, God seeks for as many people as possible to submit to Him and surrender to Christ as their Lord and Savior.  Otherwise, unfortunately, for those that do not, eternal damnation awaits. 

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God and I am SO grateful that You saved me!  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such an incredible gift - the greatest gift of all time.  My sin - worry and other sins - continues.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.