Monday, March 14, 2022

Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent.

Revelation 1-3

Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent. Revelation 3:19

I continue with my D-Group's study of Revelation using Stephen Witmer's commentary and study guide.  My focus this morning is my memory verse - Revelation 3:19. When speaking to the seven churches in Revelation - of course keeping in mind that the intent is all churches - there are both kind words and words of rebuke (or reprove).  God loves His children and when we experience difficulties, it is appropriate to see how God may be using challenges to refine us, prepare us for some coming work, or to discipline us.  Irregardless, we must see God at work in our lives - good or bad.  God is always at work (Romans 8:28) and He never leaves or forsakes us (Matthew 28:20). Also, one way or another - this life is not the end as one day will see Jesus face to face as He saves a seat for believers in Heaven. 

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God and I know You love me - when I experience hardships - I know You are at work doing something for good. Thank You Jesus for never leaving or forsaking me.  I am not deserving of such love.  My sin continues - worry, anger, etc. Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.