Tuesday, March 22, 2022

"The Lord has founded Zion, and in her the afflicted of his people find refuge."

Isaiah 14-18

"The Lord has founded Zion, and in her the afflicted of his people find refuge." Isaiah 14:32

I continue with my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series. Today, on Lesson 7, Day 1, I examine Isaiah 14:28-32 where we see an oracle in the year "King Ahaz died." Here we see how an old nemesis of Israel - Philistia - falls prey to "smoke" from the north and the oracle indicates that "[God] will kill [Philistia's] root with famine, and your remnant it will slay." The oracle goes on to state: "[w]ail, O gate; cry out, O city; melt in fear, O Philistia, all of you!" My Isaiah commentary* indicates that "[i]n the end all tyrants must succumb to one simple reality: all existence comes from almighty God, for “in him we live and move” (Acts 17:28)." While Philistia suffers God's wrath, we see how God protects the needy and afflicted (Isaiah 14:30, 32). 

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer:  Lord Jesus, YOU are my refuge and strength - regardless of what the world throws at me, I know I have Your comforting arms and You will never leave or forsake me.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such protection and loving arms.  My sin is great and it is daily - worry, etc.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith. Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.

*Davis, Andrew M.. Exalting Jesus in Isaiah (Christ-Centered Exposition Commentary) (p. 138). B&H Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.