Sunday, March 27, 2022

He had a little scroll open in his hand. And he set his right foot on the sea, and his left foot on the land, and called out with a loud voice, like a lion roaring. When he called out, the seven thunders sounded. And when the seven thunders had sounded, I was about to write, but I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Seal up what the seven thunders have said, and do not write it down.”

Revelation 8:2-11:19

He had a little scroll open in his hand. And he set his right foot on the sea, and his left foot on the land, and called out with a loud voice, like a lion roaring. When he called out, the seven thunders sounded. And when the seven thunders had sounded, I was about to write, but I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Seal up what the seven thunders have said, and do not write it down.” Revelation 10:2-4

I continued with my D-Group's study of Revelation using Stephen Witmer's commentary and study guide.  For this week, the study looks at Revelation 8:2-11:19, and with the help of the study's commentary, today I reflect on the entirety of this week's study.  Revelation 10:2-4 provides a portrait of the mystery of God. Often times I want to know why something is going on, but many times I don't have answers...I must have peace with this knowing that at least once I reach Heaven, perhaps sooner, I will have answers as God will ultimately reveal what is unknown to be known. In the meantime, I can take great comfort in knowing that God is in control, He is good, faithful, He answers prayers, and He is always at work. I also know His ways are not my ways.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. Isaiah 55:8

 

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

 

Comment and discuss this post here.

 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, I know You love me, You are faithful, and You will never leave or forsake me - among the many promises You make.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of Your love, salvation, and promises, nor Your faithfulness - all blessings.  My sin continues - worry, etc. Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.