Monday, March 28, 2022

The nations roar like the roaring of many waters, but he will rebuke them, and they will flee far away, chased like chaff on the mountains before the wind and whirling dust before the storm. At evening time, behold, terror! Before morning, they are no more! This is the portion of those who loot us, and the lot of those who plunder us.

Isaiah 14-18

The nations roar like the roaring of many waters, but he will rebuke them, and they will flee far away, chased like chaff on the mountains before the wind and whirling dust before the storm. At evening time, behold, terror! Before morning, they are no more! This is the portion of those who loot us, and the lot of those who plunder us. Isaiah 17:13-14 

I return to my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series. Today, on Lesson 7, Day 5 (final day), the focus is on Isaiah 17-18 where I reflect not just on these two chapters but on the lesson overall when looking back on the entirety of Isaiah 14-18.  A key theme that stands out is how nations and kingdoms of the world rise and fall at God's direction - God is in control (Colossians 1:15-17). My Isaiah commentary (from the Christ-Centered Exposition Series) warns believers that: "[t]he nations are restless, full of rage, completely unable to find peace in their wandering rebellion against God. We must not live like that. We must find rest in God alone, trusting in him to give joy and peace, even while we suffer at the hands of such restless empire builders. We must not be faithlessly anxious over the restless churning of current events on earth."

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You ARE in control and I am grateful that Your hand is in control of my life and I am sealed for eternity by You!  Thank You!  I am not deserving of how You save and protect me.  I sin daily - worry, etc. Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me. Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.