Thursday, March 17, 2022

For all the promises of God find their Yes in him. That is why it is through him that we utter our Amen to God for his glory.

2 Corinthians 1

For all the promises of God find their Yes in him. That is why it is through him that we utter our Amen to God for his glory. 2 Corinthians 1:20

Tonight, I continue a pause on both of my studies in Isaiah and Revelation to listen to John Piper's daily devotion for today - Solid Joys.  Here Piper emphasizes how the word "amen" serves to confirm God's faithfulness when we end our prayers with this word. We pray confidently, knowing that God is faithful as we know He is as all of God's promises come to pass.  Piper writes: "[w]hen we pray, we say Amen to God through Christ, because God has said a decisive Amen to all his promises in Christ. Prayer is the confident plea for God to make good on his promises of future grace — for Christ’s sake. Prayer links our faith in future grace with the foundation of it all, Jesus Christ....Amen means, 'Yes, Lord, you can do it.” It means, “Yes, Lord, you are powerful. Yes, Lord, you are wise. Yes, Lord, you are merciful. Yes, Lord, all future grace comes from you and has been confirmed in Christ.'"

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are faithful indeed and I have seen Your faithfulness every day in my life - thank You Jesus!  Your mercies ARE new every morning and I am grateful not just for Your mercies but also for Your faithfulness.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of these blessings.  My sin of anger, worry, etc. continues.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.