Wednesday, July 17, 2013

And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

Matthew 3

And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.” v17

I see two messages here:
1. That confirming circumstances are key to understanding God's will for your life
2. That God judges all of us...now and upon death.

We should always be looking to God (prayer and His word), confirming circumstances, wise counsel, and for peace for indications of alignment to God's will for our lives.  We should always be growing in Christ (and He in us).

This is in an ongoing process of maturity.

For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.  Luke 12:48.

My Prayer: Lord, Your creation, Your design, Your Plan are all perfect.  Everything You do and everything You will ever do will be perfect.  Although scripture indicates that I am just how You designed me...I am not worthy of all the blessing You have provided me.  I am selfish, harsh and discouraging with me words.  Yet You love me.  Thank You Jesus.  Please forgive me for my selfishness, my harshness, and my discouraging words.  Help me be more like You.  Transform both my heart and my life Jesus.  I want Your desires to be my desires.  Help me also to have a bold and daring faith.