Tuesday, July 23, 2013

‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’

Matthew 4

‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’ v10

There is evil in the world and I pray constantly to be protected from earthly and worldly concerns.  Moving to Raleigh helped a great deal - less expensive place to live, etc.  

Jesus protected himself by removing Satan from his presence:

Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! v10

To protect myself from Satan, I can:
1. Remove evil influences that serve to distract me
2. Increase Jesus in my heart

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are the only influence I want in my life.  I want no other God or influence in my life other than You - Jesus Christ.  You are pure, perfect, holy, and defined by the fruits of the Spirit, love, kindness, gentleness, etc.  I want to be more like You.  Yet I fall down.  I am selfish, and I am lazy among the sin I do.  I know You love me anyway so that thank You, but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me be more like You and help me love You with all of my heart, mind, soul and strength.