Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.

Malachi 3

Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. v10

I withhold my time, my talent, and my treasure thinking I am saving something for myself.  When instead, God says that I will blessed the MORE I give. 

I have previously read here how generosity begets blessings not just for the recipient but also for the giver.  I have also read about how I am to be a cheerful giver...that I should be cheerful for what is happening within me as a result of my giving.

My Prayer: Lord, You gave it all - the ultimate sacrifice...not just for me, but for all mankind.  And You continue to give...every day and in all ways.  How great You are Jesus!  You don't need me yet You love me.  You love me despite my sin.  I am lazy and harsh with my words.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me be the man You intend me to be.  Please help me so that Your desires are my desires.  Help me have a bold and daring faith.