Friday, July 26, 2013

But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Matthew 5

But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. v28

I am guilty of such sin. Yet I can recognize my urges as selfish and I seek to be more aware of the control that these selfish urges have on me.  I doubt that I will ever rid myself of these selfish urges but I can be more aware that they are selfish and also seek to separate myself from any influence that might cause these urges to more active.

My Prayer: Lord, You are a great God, capable of anything and creator of everything.  You can help me with anything - big or small.  I do want to be more pure and holy and more like Jesus Christ.  Yet I am weak.  I thank You that You love me anyway but I pray for Your forgiveness.  I also pray that You can grow in my heart such that whatever else is in my heart has less influence.  Help me Jesus.