Tuesday, July 2, 2013

“Cursed is the cheat who has an acceptable male in his flock and vows to give it, but then sacrifices a blemished animal to the Lord."

Malachi 1

“Cursed is the cheat who has an acceptable male in his flock and vows to give it, but then sacrifices a blemished animal to the Lord." v14

With regard to whatever we offer the Lord, whether it is our time, treasure, or talent, it must be our best.  Our offering must reflect a love of the Lord that He deserves and that shows that we love Him with all of our hearts, mind, strength, and soul:

He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’....Luke 10:27

That our offering must reflect our best is also found here:

You are to give them the firstfruits of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the first wool from the shearing of your sheep...Deuteronomy 18:4

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are not only worthy of my love and worship, You are worthy of my first fruit...the best of what I have to offer in terms of my time, treasure, and talent.  You have blessed me beyond description.  Yet I am not worthy of such blessing.  I am lazy, and I am impatient, and I am harsh with my words.  Thank You that You love me anyway.  Please forgive me for these sins and help me love You with all of my heart, mind, soul, and strength.  Help me glorify You with my life Jesus.