Wednesday, July 3, 2013

“For the lips of a priest ought to preserve knowledge, because he is the messenger of the Lord Almighty and people seek instruction from his mouth. But you have turned from the way and by your teaching have caused many to stumble..."

Malachi 2

“For the lips of a priest ought to preserve knowledge, because he is the messenger of the Lord Almighty and people seek instruction from his mouth. But you have turned from the way and by your teaching have caused many to stumble..." v7-8

As I have been a community group leader and I teach Sunday school class to the elementary school boys, people look to me to provide leadership.  This is a responsibility that the Lord gives to those who he can trust because He knows that positions of leadership influence others through their actions and words - how they live their faith.

The challenge then for me is to live a faith worthy of the responsibility entrusted to me by God. 

From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked. Luke 12:48

My Prayer: Lord, You are God that is all knowing.  You have a purpose for me and a role for me in Your kingdom...to be part of Your plan.  I don't know Your plan but I feel blessed that I can be part of Your plan.  You are a great God...one full of love, compassion, kindness, gentleness...all the fruits of the spirit and more!  You don't even need me...yet You not only love me, You use me and redeem all of my sin for Your glory.  How great You are!  I am not worthy of such blessing.  I am impatient, and I use harsh words.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me be more like You.  Help me so that Your desires are my desires.  Help me lead a life worthy of Your name.