Wednesday, July 24, 2013

When Jesus heard that John had been put in prison, he withdrew to Galilee.

Matthew 4

When Jesus heard that John had been put in prison, he withdrew to Galilee. v12

Upon reading Matthew 4 and the above verse, it struck me as odd that Jesus would withdraw.  Jesus does not need to withdraw from anything or anyone!  He is God!  But after thinking about this, it dawned on me that the timing was not right for Jesus to find himself in trouble yet...His ministry needed to gain steam before the appointed time for Him to go to the cross.  Simply, there was more for Him to do.  There was a plan of course.

For me this causes me to be more aware of how God may be using my current circumstances as part of His plan and how He may be directing me.

In terms of my current circumstances, I think of the verse here.

In terms of how God may be directing me and how I can know God's will:
- read God's Word
- pray
- do I have confirming circumstances
- do I have confirming witnesses or wise counsel of brothers and sisters in Christ
- do I have peace of mind

My Prayer: Lord, You are truly a great God - the one true God!  There are none like You.  You create, You love, You bless, etc.  What an amazing God You are!  That You love me and died for me is incredible!  I am not worthy of such blessing and love.  I seek other Gods (pursuits, etc.) and this is SINFUL.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me!!  Help me Jesus.  Please grow in my heart and transform my heart and my life to be more like You.