Monday, July 8, 2013

So be on your guard, and do not be unfaithful to the wife of your youth.

Malachi 2

So be on your guard, and do not be unfaithful to the wife of your youth. v15

Unfaithful is defined as "not adhering to vows, allegiance, or duty".  To me, this is a more broad definition that encompasses a number of responsibilities including being spiritual head of the household, encouraging your wife and children in both spiritual and secular matters, running the household.  To me faitfulness implies faithfulness to the role you accepted at marriage.  While this seems like more work it actually calls me up to be the man God intended for me.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are the ultimate model for my life.  I so desire to be more like You.  I know I can never be You - who can!?  You are the one and only true God who creates all, knows all, and is full of love, compassion, and mercy for all of His children, no matter what they do.  You died for me and all of Your other children who live now and for those that come after me including Zach and Dustin.  What a great God You are.  I am not worthy of all of the love and blessing You have and provide for me.  I sin and I will continue to sin.  I am harsh with my words. Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me be the man You intend for me.