Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Matthew 6

Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. v4

This verse is repeated several times in this book and Jesus is asking for us to be humble - and our humility should be reflected in our relationship with Jesus.  It is all about Jesus NOT us.  Whatever we do is FOR Jesus.  We should not be focusing on ourselves in our relationship with Jesus.  Submit to Him, please Him, seek forgiveness from Him.  We can certainly ask for things in prayer but we must be mindful that our prayer requests are subject to what God wants for us.  

God may say no, or not now, or yes...we know what God wants because of confirming circumstances among other indications that reveal God's will.

My Prayer: Lord, You are truly a great God...there is none like You.  You created the heavens and the earth and You created and sustain me...You bless me beyond what I deserve.  I am weak and I fail to be the light on a hill that reveals Your glory.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus!  Help me be the light to the world that You intend for me.