Monday, July 29, 2013

Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

Matthew 5

Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you. v42

God calls on us to be generous as I have posted here and here. Generosity of course is the antithesis to selfishness.  I am too often selfish - with my time, treasure, talents, etc.  

As I have posted, I should give freely and joyfully to please God...who does not want to please God?

My Prayer: Lord, You are truly amazing in how You give and bless.  You created the heavens and earth and everything in between - and placed us on earth so that we could enjoy the fruits of Your labor.  You also heal, provide, protect, provide rest, and are full of gentleness, mercy, compassion, etc.  I can go on and on and on...and still not praise You sufficiently.  You don't even need me yet You love me and You died for me.  I am not worthy of Your love and blessings.  Thank You Jesus even though I sin.  I am selfish.  Please forgive me.  Help me be more like You - help me give freely and joyfully to all who need.